The Steinbeis Transfer Institut Management Education (STI ME) is part of the Steinbeis+Akademie and offers executive programs for selected companies. The programs have been especially designed for companies seeking the most up-to-date forms of management training. The program curriculum is developed in a partnership between Steinbeis Management Education, international faculty and a steering committee consisting of firms currently belonging to the network.
The Management Education Network (MEN) was successfully launched in 2002. Its purpose is to provide training for the local and international managers working for our network members while combining professional qualification with the opportunity of establishing internal and external networks and developing them over the years. Most of our participants have a technical background (e.g. a degree in engineering), and we give them the business know-how they require to exercise their management roles even more effectively.
In the field of “Digital Development”, the Management Education Network collaborates with Stanford University’s Center for East Asian Studies.
Teaching methods are team oriented and often based on case studies. The advantage of this approach is that problem-solving and in-depth learning are combined with knowledge of methodology. Lessons are held in English.
The Steinbeis Management Education Network pays particular attention to the specific character, environment and strategies of the participating companies. As the program is devised in close consultation with the human resources departments of the companies concerned, it makes heavy reference to their specifically required personnel development strategies. The program is therefore clearly aligned to the needs of the organization concerned and constitutes a major factor in the firm’s long-term success.
The program content is taught in seven modules presented in three weeks of face-to-face sessions spread throughout the year. The programs usually take place at the Steinbeis House of Management and Technology (SHMT) in Stuttgart.
In the last 18 years, over 500 participants from over 45 countries have taken part in the MEN program.
- Senior Management with leadership experience of several years, who
- would like to freshen up their management/leadership skills
- would like to acquaint themselves with new, modern management topics
- Members of Middle Management with leadership experience of at least two years who
- have the potential to become a global senior manager
- have potential for further internal development
So far, professors and lecturers from the following institutions have taught the modules:
- Cranfield School of Management, UK
- Stanford University, USA
- Politechnico di Torino, Italy
- Frankfurt School of Finance and Management, Germany
- University of St. Gallen, Switzerland
- Copenhagen Business School, Denmark
- University of Melbourne, Australia
- Stellenbosch University, South Africa
- Sicos-BW, Stuttgart, Germany
Concept and Idea of the MEN Program
The Management Education Network is a „compact MBA“ providing management techniques to answer the following questions:
- How will a global world change my business?
- How will a digital world change my business?
- How can I manage these influences on my business?
- How can I develop innovative products and services to react to theses influences?
- How can I manage changes to internal processes and structures to meet new market requirements?
- How can I efficiently and effectively control the success and the gains?
- How can I manage sustainable change to stay competitive?
The Management Education Network
- provides an intensive learning environment at SHMT in Stuttgart three times a year
- provides case-oriented, cross-company team learning
- enables participants to work on a company-specific case for 1 year to apply the management tools and techniques learnt in MEN
- provides supervision for the company-specific case during the MEN year
- follows the idea of a community in which participants become part of a network that will exist for years and in which professional friendships can arise
- integrates company representatives (twice a year) in order to
- obtain company feedback with regard to ongoing MEN
- discuss strategic topics to enrich MEN from a company perspective
„Our customers are our best advertising“
Companies that have taken part in the Management Education Network:
and such as: Alcatel-Lucent, Behr, ebm-papst, Edag, envases, Ecoclean, Festo, fischerwerke, Freudenberg, Homag, Kern-Liebers, Lapp Group, Leitz, LGI, M+W Zander, Marquardt, metabo, Ritter Sport, Schenck RoTec, Schuler, Sick, TRUMPF.